Low pressure from kitchen tap, but other mains taps are fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi good people
A few weeks ago, the pressure on my kitchen (mains fed) tap started reducing. Now it must be less than a quarter of what it should be. However, the downstairs wc tap is fine with good pressure, and there seem to be no issues with the loft tank filling up or the washing machine etc. So I'm pretty sure its not a mains pressure issue. Could something be blocking the kitchen tap, and if so solution please! I did check the filter on the end of the tap - it was clean. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers guys.

Sponsored Links
How are you measuring the pressure?

In any case its going to be the same as any other mains supplied tap.

Could it be you dont know the difference between pressure and flow?

There's probably a gradual build up of debris at the tap inlet or inside the tap.

Yes I think a build up, although I'm surprised its enough to virtually stop a high pressure tap. Being a novice I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. I think there might be an isolating valve under the sink somewhere. Any suggestions? Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
Sorted. I unscrewed the cold tap and then tightened the nut again. I don't think the valve was opening properly when I tuned the tap. Cheers for the feedback though. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back