LOW PRESSURE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved into my house. And in the ensuite to the master bedroom the pressure to the taps is so low its unusable. I have an electric shower which is fine. And the taps to the main bathroom are fine to. I also noticed i fitted an outside tap. For the first 2 weeks this was fine and then all of a sudden this has turned to a trickle aswell just like the ensuite taps. It's really annoying. What could this be. Any ideas from anyone would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon.

Sponsored Links
have the ensuite taps always benn slow ?

what type of system do you have combi or gravity system etc ?

they may be HP taps fitted on a LP system.

as for your garden tap if it was ok have you checked any isolation valves to it ?
or a blockage in the pipework or the check valve stuck in the tap.

Sponsored Links
and whats the tap in your plumbing box ? a conventional tap ?
whats the pipework 15mm, does it have flexis on ?
are they single taps or mixer ?

obviousy i just connected it to the main cold water supply. and a green flexi hose supplies the tap. I bought it as a kit from b and q.

is the hose kinked at all?? is there a double check vale on the pipe?? is there any isolation valve supplying the tap??

It's always possible that when you put that strap on valve onto the water pipe for the garden tap, then the small disc of copper that is cut out when you bore through the pipe has worked it's way towards any valve or fitting further along. In which case, you need to undo the plastic pipe from the tap connector and inspect it to see if this is causing a blockage.

As for the ensuite - my guess would be that there was always going to be low pressure anyway which has been exacerbated by using small bore pipes or plastic pipes with the inserts causing a significant flow loss. The shower will be fine since this (unlike the sink taps and possibly toilet cistern valve) will have been fed directly from the mains supply.

i checked the isolation valve by taking the pipe off one end and running the water in a saucepan and there seems to be plenty of pressure. I blew down the pipe and i can't see any kinks in it anywhere unless it is kinked in the cavity, but wouldn't this have been the case when i first fitted it if it was kinked? I don't really want to unthread the green pipe as it was a game to push it through first time round.

i checked the isolation valve by taking the pipe off one end and running the water in a saucepan and there seems to be plenty of pressure. I blew down the pipe and i can't see any kinks in it anywhere unless it is kinked in the cavity, but wouldn't this have been the case when i first fitted it if it was kinked? I don't really want to unthread the green pipe as it was a game to push it through first time round.

I stand by my guess of that copper disk being jammed at the end of the plastic pipe as it enters the tap wallplate - which you could try to unblock by pushing a wire through from that end, and/or flushing it through. If not then you'll have to bite the bullet and dismantle it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back