Low pressure in my ecoTEC combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning guys, hope you can help.

i had warm water from my hot tap and checked boiler which had low pressure. i turned the 2 plastic taps like i have done after bleeding rads but the pressure just keeps dropping and has now caused the boiler to turn off. does it matter which tap needs to be turned first? the braided hose was still attached by the plumber when installed last year. never had this problem before.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
The system is losing water somewhere or the pressure release valve is dumping water due to too much expansion of water.

First isolate the central heating from the boiler by closing the CH flow and return, located just under the boiler. Then pressurise system and run boiler. If you still loose pressure then the boiler is at fault.

If you don't loose pressure the fault is in the CH circuit. Try this test and report back results. :D

damn, that sounds expensive :( . do you know a rough cost for each scenario? is it a common problem?
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back