"low pressure" Mixer tap 3 inputs, german only instructions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

I bought this tap which was sold as a "low pressure" mixer tap although no minimum bar given.

Anyway, I don't understand what the third input/output is to the tap. One is obviously hot and the other cold but the third makes no sense to me. I couldn't see any obvious blanking plug that came with it either. It does come with three flexible tails.

If anyone could share what is likely to be, I'd be very grateful.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KPQG3GO

Sponsored Links
How about posting pictures of the instructions?

Taps look like generic cheap tat. How many holes are in the bottom of the valve bottom?

Should be 3.

2 for the feeds and one for the threaded bar and Crescent washer arrangement.

Thanks Dan. I've scanned the instructions and put them in my dropbox (several scans so similar that way - hope thats ok).
I have in the past installed kitchen taps with that 3rd threaded bar used as a fixing but I'm pretty sure this third connection is a water connection direct into the brass mixer. The labelled third tail (shown as "A" in the instructions) is an input to which you can fit different pressure reducing valves (image 9 shows that).

The mixer itself is fixed with large 30mm ish thread that screws into the tap body from below.

I just don't get what this third input is? The box is all in German so is clearly for their market - do they like perfumed water or something? I'm thinking I could just cap the tail off (and hope for the best!) ?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9uvxcr8ixpxtafk/AAC48J41wsSG0e5g2vz5TNQra?dl=0

At a guess, A is cold, B is coldish feed to an instant water heater, and C is the resultant output /input of the same. Connect the tails and see what can be blown through with the handle in various positions.

Sponsored Links
looking at the image8.pdf it looks like this is for use with an hot water heater in which case you have cold in from the mains (A), B is the cold return feed to a hot water heater, and C is your hot water feed.

Dan beat me to it.

The rough guess is correct, the tap feeds water to the heater when hot water is required.

Not the nicest of taps to use and probably not useable in the UK unless you have the instant water heater.

Many thanks for that! It is being sold in the UK by amazon .uk when it sounds likle they really shouldn't be doing so.

This is only a temporary solution for us (6month to a year at most). I wonder if I could just cap off the B tail ?

Lot of things are sold that are either unethical or just illegal to use in the UK.

You will not be able to use that tap for hot and cold if the hot water comes from a hot water cylinder or a combi boiler

I wonder if I could just cap off the B tail ?

No because when hot water is selected the valve connects Port A to Port B so that cold water flows into the heater and after heating flows back to the spout via Port C. There is no valve between Port C and the spout.

If you blank off Port B and connect your hot water to Port C then hot water will flow uncontrolled from the spout.

Thanks so much for that - saved me a lot of hassle. I plan to give a very low rating and may link back to this thread as proof that it is completely unsuitable for the UK or at the very least unsuitable for installations without water heaters and where German isn't spoken...

They're sold to complement small open-vented undersink heaters. Quite common over there.

You'll not get it work without the heater ("drucklose WW Speicher mit Niederdruckarmatur")

Untertisch-Speicher-Kaldewei.jpg

It is being sold in the UK by amazon .uk when it sounds likle they really shouldn't be doing so.

Did the part number on the packaging correspond with the one on the Amazon listing?
Googling the Amazon part number suggests it should be a normal tap, so you've perhaps been sent the wrong thing.
I think this tap would be OK to use in the UK with an under-sink water heater; here are similar ones:

https://www.heatraesadia.com/produc...ectric-vented-storage/vented-tap-packages.htm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back