Low pressure / noisy cold water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
A couple of days ago, we noticed when we turned on the cold water taps downstairs, the cold water pipe was making noises and the water pressure seams to have dropped. Upstairs cold water taps are not affected and no noisy pipe.
I have check the water meter outside by turning off the water, waiting an hour and checking the meter reading. The meter reading was unchanged, so I believe there is no leak! I also turned the cold tap on and slowing turned of the supply at the stock cock several times slowing to see if there was any air locks, again no change.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
thanks
Kelvin

Sponsored Links
Might sound like a daft question but did you turn the water off at the meter or at your internal stopcock?

Is the pipe making noises at any other times other than when you use the kitchen cold tap?

What sort of noise is it making?

Purely guessing, but could be the washer in your kitchen cold tap (just a guess mind)

1. I turned the water off at the internal stcop cock.

2. Noise only happens when using downstairs tap, this is the kitchen one.

3. Noise is like a noise when you are in the loft and the ball cock is open when the water tank is filling up.

I have the water company looking at the presssure from street level today.

many thanks for your reply.

Sounds like the washer has shifted in the kitchen mixer. Needs replacing. If everything else in the house that is mains fed is fine then its probably not a problem with the supply coming in from the street.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back