Low Pressure Problem with Shower, Triton 100 10.5kw.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We installed a new Triton 10.5kw electric shower last year and ever since have had problems because the low water pressure sensor kicks in regularly to turn off the heating elements. We do have water pressure problems due to living in a terraced house with a shared supply, but I did not realise how often the sensor would activate. This has got much worse of late because of the hot weather. Though a cold dip is fun sometimes, most of the time it is just a pain.

The unit is mains fed and I don't think I will be able to alter the water supply. I don't want to spend too much money. So I wondered if there is anything that can be done to alter the way the low pressure sensor works? Or another cost effective solution?

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Ben

Sponsored Links
bennilla said:
I don't want to spend too much money.
How much is too much?

I wondered if there is anything that can be done to alter the way the low pressure sensor works?
Not safely, no.

Or another cost effective solution?
What's your budget?

The cheapest solution is likely to be to eliminate all possible restrictions to flow in the pipework between mains entering the house and the point where it reaches the shower.

The next cheapest would be to install a small cistern in the loft (if you have one) and fit a pumped electric shower. Triton do one; so do Mira.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back