Low Pressure Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is Vokera Excell 80 SP

I had it serviced a month or two back, as was having problems with the pressure going down and having to top it up. There are no noticable leeks round radiators, and we have been decorating some of the other areas of the house and found no damp or anything anywhere.

The guy who serviced it (corgi reg) advised there was a slight water mark round something (not sure what part it was now) but it wasn't uncommon and /or an issue and just to top it up.

Have been doing that. It goes from 1-1.5 Bar to preety much zero within a week/10 days. Recently noticed that when I top it up, water is coming out of the pipe external to the house for if the system is overfilled (forget what they call it!). Could it be that the pressure gauge is inaccurate and I am actually topping up when there is no need? Any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Your pressure relief valve is letting by and will need replacing. This is usually caused by it operating in the past when the pressure exceeds 3 bar and contaminants in the system preventing the valve from reseating correctly.

The service guy should have checked the expansion vessel for correct air pressure. There's a BS spec to cover it. Search the forum foer details oct/nov 2003 there's loads of information.

Are these fairly easy things to put right? Presumably if this valve is the problem its a case of replacing it? What likely costs am I looking at?

Sponsored Links
The guys been tonight and pumped up the expansion vessell, which he thinks should cure the problem.

He suggested replacing it was a big job as the boiler had to come off. Is this right?

thanks

how much would I be looking at it costing to replace it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back