Low profile self-adhesive beading?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So...the saga of the shower screen continues...it looks lovely but the instructions for fitting are useless (totally wrong in many places and incomplete).

I've got it fitted and the seals are 95% done (need to fettle etc.) but it's become apparent that I could do with a raised bead on the edge of the bath where the screen is hinged to prevent water getting onto the floor - nothing too high 2-3mm would do the trick. (see picture)
View media item 97779I've had a look but can't find anything obvious online - anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Sponsored Links
It's a bifold design and to be honest is flawed in the way the seals interlock. It would be fine if my bath had an edge profile that encouraged water to run back into the tub but it's flat (hey the bath isn't even level, it's also bowed, so this screen is a minor improvement until we replace the entire bathroom). I tested the screen this morning and where the wipe-seal meets the vertical seals some water is getting through; leaching through along the top of the bath tub edge - I don't think this is really avoidable but rather than sweat blood trying to sort it with the current seals a threshold type strip would cure it.

Sponsored Links
Apparently 'threshold' is the key word...although the lowest profile I seem to be able to find is about 5mm...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local