Low profile shower tray on concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am planning on installing a low profile shower tray where the existing shower was. I won't be able to get the waste to line up with the existing waste. Do I need to channel out the concrete floor for the waste pipe to sit in and run it to the existing waste? If so how deep? How deep is the DPC normally?

What type of waste would be required?

I've attached a photo which will hopefully help, its not very clear but you can just about make out the brass waste.

Sponsored Links
You can buy ultra slim shower wastes now although I have never fitted one so can't vouch for it. Also bear in mind that there are different sized holes.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/wirquin-pro-slim-high-flow-shower-waste-90mm/10400

I think you will have to remove the old shower first to see what's going on under there but yes channel the concrete to take the waste to connect up to a suitable drain. Not sure about the DPC question though. Of course your existing waste pipe might go straight down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back