Low voltage light problem.

I have the same fault as you had. The unit is made in china and still sold in lighting from Homebase!

Can you advise if your replacement is still working and type number so I can get one. Alfie

Sponsored Links
Unit sold in lighting stores and in Argos and others . made in China . Blew up and difficult to source a round unit to fit inside the lamp.

National cables and Components sourced one for me around £15 based in Harlow Essex
Very good service

01279 442266

Sponsored Links
I would have to ask, even at £15 is it worth fafing around with? why not get a totaly differant light fitting

I've replaced many a internal transformer, usually with a slim electronic transformer through hole hidden by the fitting itself.

Internal transformers are cheap, nasty carp- doesn't matter if it's a £15 argos jobbie or a £500 christopher wray oh-la-la jobbie. If the customer likes the fitting... I make it work.

I believe I have the same problem as your daughter. Did you solve the light issue and if so where did you purchase the transformer from?

To anyone else with this cheap piece of junk I still have to ask, is it really worth fafing about with? ok, you get a new transformer, the lamp holder fails what next?

all the information required has been written. you justy have to read it.

hi, I've had the same problem and it sounds like I've got the same light - 10 x 10w bulbs. I had this light for about 10 months in which it was working fine then it blew in exactly the same way you have described. I took it back and got a new one and within a month the same has happened. Argos don't sell the light anymore - most probably due to the amount of returns!

Has your replacement transformer been behaving so far as I'd like to get this one sorted as we have the matching floor standing light as well.

Take that back too - point out that you wanted a matching pair, get your money back and go and buy some quality products from a retailer who actually has a reputation for selling quality products..

I've got exactly the same problem with one of two "twig" lights I have in my living room, which I bought about a year ago from BHS. These weren't cheap and BHS no longer sell them so finding a replacement transformer is my only option. (No room to fit a regular unit in the ceiling!)

After an hour of so of searching I found what looks like a perfect replacement.

http://www.all-lighting.co.uk/p7254/35-105w-va-va-round-transformer.htm

Ouch, they charge a £10.00 delivery fee which takes the total cost to £21.41 :(

In that case I guess I'm going to take a punt that the other light is going to go at some point (seems a safe bet based on the number of people posting on this thread!) and order two transformers!

Ive got the same problem too with a light we bought from Next, we have 1 unit in the landing upstairs, and the problem light in the hall downstairs and a matching wall light, the upstairs light has been fine its the downstairs light im having trouble with, it had already done exactly has described in previous post, and I couldnt find the reciept so I bit the bullet and got another at around £80, now this 1 has done the same and guesse what, ive lost the reciept again, butI have seen this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=150325184891
so i might just get 1 and see how we go.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
[hint]HOW MANY PEOPLE DOES IT TAKE TO HIJACK A THREAD BEFORE IT GETS LOCKED?[/hint]

Please stop hijacking this thread and start your own.

For those who were asking the two TLC transformers are still going fine, no problems now they are in the loft space and out of the light fitting case.

Two because a light in her bedroom from a different source had a similar transformer and it failed to. She has two left that have not failed including one where I cannot re-site the transformer.

There is a thread on here somewhere under my name with a link to a replacement round transformer someone kindly provided.

breezer - if she wants a fancy fashionable light then for peace and quiet she gets it. It is her flat and her money she is spending, just my time in fixing them. I guess you are not married and do not have daughters - they do not listen to logic!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back