Low water pressure, gravity fed

E

Essex84

What could cause a sudden loss in cold pressure. Turning the bath on slows the basin. Never used too and shouldn't as it is tank fed. Blockage somewhere in the pipework?

Sponsored Links
It's possible but there's also air to consider. If you had a pocket of air somewhere in the Pipework this would reduce the flow like you mention.

Before you go looking deeply into this, I would let all the outlets (cold tank fed) run for about 5 mins. If you get some coughing and spluttering, that's probably the cause.

Ive always found an aqua vac great for clearing air and some small obstructions. Just seal the suction hose around a tap and turn the tap and the aqua vac on.

I would also check the ball valve on the cold tank when running a bath. Ensure the ball valve isn't stuck and only trickling as if the tank empties, air will get sucked in.

I had already eliminated an air lock. When I went back to do he job, I could nit shut the water off. The gate valve from the tank had snapped off inside...and there lied the problem. Changed and was fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back