Low Zs on TT puzzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have measured the RA of a TT supply to be 56ohms (using loop tester method Ze). When I measure the Zs of a socket on the ring final (with a measured R1+R2 0.33ohms) , It gives a Zs of a mere 1.2ohms. Similar on other circuits. If I were to use the Zs=R1+R2+Ze I would get a calculated value of 56.33ohms, so why an i getting such low Zs ?? (and its not parallel paths, I have tried removing the bonding. Could it be possible that the supply is actually PME ?

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't be removing bonding with the supply live :!:

And It'll be a parrallel path that you've missed... immersion heater or central heating cpc probably ;)

edit: typo fixed

Were all appliances disconnected/unplugged when you performed the Zs test ?
Did you IR test the circuit ?

EDIT:Too slow :cry: :cry:

IR tests > 200M. Doubt its the water supply path as it enters property in plastic ! But yes it could have been an appliance still connected, I'll double check !

Sponsored Links
Paralell path through the boiler spur to the gas pipework would be my guess.

As long as the installation is suitably protected for the actual Ze, then having a lower than expected reading is nothing to worry about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back