Lowering Floors.. Dpc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm going through with a new house purchase (bungalow) at the moment and looking doing a fair bit of work to it..

One thing I'm talking to my architect about at the moment is the possibility of lifting the eaves and the ridge height (yeah yeah I know got to get that past planning..)

One of the options I have is lowering the ground floor as it has a large void due to being on a slope.

Assuming I deal with the front and ensure ground level isnt bridging my 'artificiial - new dpc /floor height' - keep reading for understanding the quotes :D

So assuming I ensure that the ground isnt bridging the floor joist height as per above, what have people done regarding 'new' dpc's before - walls will be dot and dab plaster board, or could be studded over some sort of membrane..

Are chemically injected DPC's as crap as I suspect?

What options are out there?

Cheers

David

Sponsored Links
without a section drawin of whats existin an whats proposed its tough to advise you.
you could be diggin yourself into a wet hole due to raised ground levels an the water table pressure on a slope/hillside?

I'll post some piccies of a job we did shortly, whereby the new extension was much lower (floor wise) than the existing.

Sponsored Links
step-jpg.98106

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back