lpg changeover valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all can anyone tell me where to get one of these, its a changeover valve for the lpg bottles on my static caravan, i need to replce it and also fita longer flexible pipe to it and the bottles, i think they called it caterflex. would it be safe to buy something like this from ebay
thanks very much
Bill

Sponsored Links
would it be safe to buy something like this from ebay

Almost certainly not. It should be fitted, commissioned and tested by a Gas Safe Registered engineer to ensure correct operation, and they will also be able to supply you with the correct specification changeover kit for your requirements (IE, buy it off your GSR engineer)

would it be safe to buy something like this from ebay

Almost certainly not. It should be fitted, commissioned and tested by a Gas Safe Registered engineer to ensure correct operation, and they will also be able to supply you with the correct specification changeover kit for your requirements (IE, buy it off your GSR engineer)
muggles thanks for the reply.
i am, of course going to get it fitted by a gas safe engineer, just wanted to see if i could obtain the items myself

I would advise not to use ebay for something like this - far too risky in my opinion. Better to rely on a Gas Safe engineer who deals with LPG and let him/her supply the correct fittings.

Sponsored Links
I would advise not to use ebay for something like this - far too risky in my opinion. Better to rely on a Gas Safe engineer who deals with LPG and let him/her supply the correct fittings.
thanks for the reply, not ebay then but surely there are bone fide suppliers that have online sales?

Yes they do, but better to rely on your engineer to supply and fit. That way you have some degree of assurance (I hesitate to say guarantee) that it is of reasonable quality and fit for purpose. It makes it his responsibility to ensure it is working correctly.

If you supply the parts (or worse still, do the work yourself) then your caravan goes bang as a result, you will doubtless cause damage to others nearby. Then sit back and wait for the negligence claims to come in, assuming you don't go up with it.

There is currently a safety alert out on one manufacturers regulator, so I would leave it to your GSR to select and supply a suitable component ;)

I had a lpg system fitted and a local company installed the changeover valve and supply my lpg gas bottles the changeover valve is over 15 years old . As I have the gas from them are they responsible for the valve maintenance as they have changed t pieces and pigtails over the years no problem . someone said that it should be changed every 10 years. But I cannot find officially . Are they responsible

I had a lpg system fitted and a local company installed the changeover valve and supply my lpg gas bottles the changeover valve is over 15 years old . As I have the gas from them are they responsible for the valve maintenance as they have changed t pieces and pigtails over the years no problem . someone said that it should be changed every 10 years. But I cannot find officially . Are they responsible
As far as I am aware, teh changeover valve, and the flexi tails are your responsibility, hoses have a 5yr life, after which they should be changed.
Modern ones are date stamped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back