LPG Commisioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a quote for a boiler to be fitted to my LPG supply.
It states that commisioning by the boiler manufacturer is required, £85 +VAT. :(
Is this the case. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of being LPG registered.

Sponsored Links
condensing boilers require a flue analyser to reset combustion ratio not all installers have these so they or you pay boiler manufacturers to come out and do this for a price of course.

Sponsored Links
not true if corgi registered and posses flue analyser installer can set up combustion ratio who are the three boilers you mention made by.

As far as I am aware, only the Glow Worm can be adjusted to lpg if you have a FGA, the others are altered with kits, or used to be.

Glow Worm will commission for you if you do not have the equipment, for a charge.

Therefore none of your chosen installers have FGA's.

ringer said:
Glow worm, Baxi and Worcester/Bosch.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Do some more research. If you are on lpg then you need to specify the most miserly boiler you can get. This will mean full weather compensation! Look at Atag or Viessmann boilers.

Cost of LPG means the incremental cost you will pay for one of these boilers will easily be recouped over the lifespan of the unit. They will then start to save money compared to the typical boilers that you have been quoted for.

unfunately i think you may find Glowworm do not offer this service, they offer a FUNCTION TEST which is only carried out after the unit is commisioned.

there ultracom range is fully lpg compatible and can be adjusted on site with a FGA but rememeber the installer must be LPG registered!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back