LPG hob to natural gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a really small galley kitchen, the units have been reduced in size ( the backs cut off) so the are only 50cm deep rather than 60cm. I want to have an inbuilt hob and oven fitted into the units and the only options available that are 50cm deep or less are for caravans and motorhomes.

Please could you tell me if it possible to convert this hob to run on a natural gas main: http://www.laleisure.co.uk/motorhome-2-burner-gas-hob-296-p.asp

And would an oven need to be converted in the same way?

Also does anyone know if you can buy specific housing units for these smaller sized ovens or do you need a joiner to build one?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Well, I got a reply from the company selling that hob saying it is LPG only.

Looking around though I realise I don't need a LPG hob, there's plenty of 2 burner hobs around for natural gas. However, I do need the LPG oven/grill as these are the only small ones. So, do the ovens need to be converted to work on the mains?

Any appliance in theory can be converted from lpg to ng. You need to contact the manufacturer of said appliances and see if a conversion kit is available and then get a pro to do the conversion.
You cannot use lpg appliances on mains gas and vice versa.
Your oven and grill need conversion and the manufacturers will advise.

We have a STD neff 4 burner gas hob that runs off propane, has this been converted?

Sponsored Links
How small of a kitchen is it? There's ventilation requirments for flueless appliances.

I measeured it again last night and the worktops are about 49cm deep, so if I got a 45cm deep oven would 4cm at the back be enough for ventilation?

That depends on what the manufacturer requires.

Its more common to have electric ovens.

Tony

I measeured it again last night and the worktops are about 49cm deep, so if I got a 45cm deep oven would 4cm at the back be enough for ventilation?

Rob means the size of your kichen as a room, not ventilation around the appliance.

Well, I think he did. ;)

Its sufficient for larger kitchens to just have an opening door or window.

A smaller kitchen requires a permanent air vent.

The registered gas installer will advise.

Tony

I already have an old standalone gas cooker so the room must be big enough, I just want one that can be built in. There's an air vent above the cooker too which you can switch on and off.

An Air Vent that can be closed is incorrect and is called NCS!!
any Gas fitter installing the new hob would have to bring the ventilation of the room up to current standards if room is less than 10m/3 it will require permanent ventilation!!
Just because there is a gas cooker in the room already is no guarantee that the installation is compliant!! ;)

However, I do need the LPG oven/grill as these are the only small ones. So, do the ovens need to be converted to work on the mains?
The ovens will all be LPG only, not only will the jets be smaller you also need to change the by-pass injector size, chances of getting them are zero as the manufacturers won't have them, plus the appliances won't be passed for use on nat gas either so they won't entertain you at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back