lpg in camper van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people.

Need a little help, I am gas safe and do have LPG on my card but only touch once in a blue moon and avoid if possible. I have to give a cp12 for the insurance on a installation of two cookers and a small bottle (I think it is 7kg butane). These are connected on a single reg as you can imagine.

My questions are,
1/the cylinders cant be bigger than a certain size which i think is no bigger than 7kg if its inside the van
2/where to test for tightness without a test nipple

i sound and feel daft asking but as i say i don't work with LPG on a everyday basis

Sponsored Links
I suggest that you ask these type of questions at the DIYNOT equivalent of the 'trade only counter'. Otherwise known as the Combustion Chamber.

To join look at the entry requirements(GSR number etc). It is a real treasure chest of information, knowledge and experience. Be prepared for some (lots actually) of gentle ribbing. Never to be afraid to ask that 'daft' question for fear of being thought of as 'less knowledgeable' than the others, that's what it is there for.

As a quicker way of getting your answer, the GSR tech people are helpful. No. Really.

Dreadnought

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back