LSX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've 2 compression joints behind my new bath that are weeping very slowly.. yes they're quite sad.. and incredibly worrying. Rather than loosen old joints to place plumbers tape in to tighten up again (could make it worse?). Ive read that LSX is good for compression joints.. now Ive bought this already so how do I use it???.. IS it as easy as just spread it around the joint liberally or do I have to open the joint up and place it within the threads?

Thanks in advance..

Mark.

Sponsored Links
you smear it around the pipe in the fitting in front of the olive, the same place you would wind ptfe tape.

ptfe or jointing compound is cheaper.

If I were to use tape wouldnt I do a few wraps over the olive?

Sponsored Links
So I dont need to put tape on the olive, just on the threads before I tighten up? sorry I'm new to this..

So I dont need to put tape on the olive, just on the threads before I tighten up? sorry I'm new to this..

No, not on the thread. Just after the olive where it'll meet the fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back