Lucas Engine Oil Stop Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, as anyone used Lucas Engine Oil Stop Leak? I have an high mileage Fiat Scudo and thought it would be a good idea to use on such an old engine. Does anyone know how much to use if it is added to the oil already in the engine? Regards Dave

Sponsored Links
Used STP stuff along time ago and ir was a waste of time. About half a litre in and see how it goes, hopefully it will help

Once used Wynn's Stop Leak as opposed to compression and oil burning type additive. Surprisingly, it cured a weeping lower pulley crankcase oil seal, sold car before next oil change - That was in the 70's tho'.

http://www.wynns.uk.com/Product.aspx?p=74964&g=GRP_CONS_OIL

BTW Wynn's oil treatment used on an A(iling) series Austin engine boosted a hot 40 psi oil pressure back to near 60 psi - it worked well.

-0-

Scientifically Treated Petroleum (STP) was a long chain polymer that wrapped itself into the crankshaft bearings....no wonder the oil pressure went up, but it did nowt for the pistons...... :p
Other products claim to make the oil seal lips swell but the effects won't last long.
Depending on which seals you suspect, often they aren't as difficult to replace as you might think.....
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Burnerman, I just thought I would use an oil additive as the engine has done 216000 miles and Lucas seems to be one of the better oil additives. I am just trying to look after the engine the best I can.
Thanks Dave

Back