Luke warm water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
First time here.
I have a Vailant combi boiler Turbo MAX (not sure of the model number), approx 4/5 yrs old ish,for quite a while the water in the bath has been luke warm,the taps in the sink abit warmer.
BG came out as we have the home care 400 cover and said it was the heat exchanger that needed replacing as it was 'fired' up but this wasn't covered under the policy.We agreed to pay seperately and have just recieved a bill of 144.00,problem is,is that we still barely have luke warm water in the bath and downstairs shower,the bathroom and kitchen sink have hot water if its turned on very slowly. does this sound familiar to any one and if so what was the cause.Is there anything I can attempt myself and if not what sort of money am I looking at approx ???
Thanks for your help
please reply to [email protected]

Sponsored Links
And what have you said to BG about it.
If you are a Homecare 400 customer tell them to go whistle for the £144 because it doesn't look like that is the fault.
Get them back and tell them to fix it properly.
When you ring up tell them that you want to make a complaint, that usually gives them the kick up the backside that they sometimes need.

I have spoken to them,they are coming back on Friday and I've told them I am not paying for he heat exchanger as there is no diffenerence.

Also the heating would not turn off the other night even though the thermostat in the hall was at below 10 could this have anything to do with the hot water not coming from the bath tap ???.
any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Your problem sounds like a classic Diverter Valve problem.

Ask BG to check when they visit

Sounds like the usual sticking diverter valve problem - any decent engineer can diagnose in a minute.

Take off motor head and check pin (and diverter ball) free to move

If warmstart is enabled and diverter is sticking then heating will come on at random times

Thanks for the tip on diverter valves,problem is trying to say to an engineer that I think I know the problem when he is the plumber and I'm not...I'll just have to annoy him I suppose?

To look at he motor as the previous post stated is it easy ?where do I look???
Idiot guide please
thanks

A good way to annoy a boiler engineer is to call him a "plumber" !!!

it was the heat exchanger that needed replacing as it was 'fired' up but this wasn't covered under the policy.
He may have said "scaled" up? It might well have been, and it's possible(just) that the Diverter wasn't messing about when he was there. Was it working when he left?

Firstly I appologise for calling a heating engineer a plumber,I work for the police and get calld alot worse than that !

Secondly yes I suppose it is possible but the hot water was no hotter after the heat exchanger was replaced than before.I am still waiting for BG to turn up this morning...I'll keep you posted and thanks for the return posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back