Luton airport fire

Sponsored Links
Sadly sprinklers aren't mandatory in most places...

The tories dropped the requirements proposal even including being in schools!

Because they tend to be expensive...

Profit before people!
I didn't know that the conservative government were into building multi-story car parks. How much did they spend of our money building them and how much did they save on the sprinkler system?

Not necessarily , it means it is assumed how the fire started , EV`s have a bad reputation at the moment So the Officer in charge would be careful regarding his comments. A full investgation would last several days .
Agreed but firefighters on the ground would have a pretty good idea, hence "it is thought".

Blup

I thought that the ID of the vehicle that started the fire had been released, a Range Rover diesel?

There will be problems installing the traditional glass bulb fire sprinkler systems in buildings with such low ceiling heights.

Sponsored Links
Tesla are experimenting with in-Cell fire suppression, they are trying to patent the IP.

I thought that the ID of the vehicle that started the fire had been released, a Range Rover diesel?

There will be problems installing the traditional glass bulb fire sprinkler systems in buildings with such low ceiling heights.
And why would a diesel car suddenly burst into flames ????

DPF doing its regen nonsense. Don't see how burning 1500 cars in one massive bonfire is better for the environment .................

Last edited:
I had a car catch fire once as a result of a car thief trying to get it started.

Because its not yet official, in the sense of a final definitive report.

Blup
IMO the reason that the Fire Officer was told that it was a Fossel fuel vehicle was the cause, was that had it been an EV the EV industry would collapse overnight no one would buy them , also the Insurance premiums would escalate , the Governments policy of green energy in the next few years would be shattered.
So the blame is put on a standard fire situation ( Fossel fuel vehicle) and inadaquate fire precautions . i.e no sprinkler system .
I was a Firefighter for some 30 Years and never come across a Diesel vehicle exploding , My guess is that the Range Rover was a Hybrid , ( Fuel and Electric Drive )

Last edited:
I didn't know that the conservative government were into building multi-story car parks. How much did they spend of our money building them and how much did they save on the sprinkler system?
Their funding developer buddies saved a lot of money though :rolleyes:

But ironically you said that "Yes, sprinklers ought to be mandatory for all multi-story car parks"

And as for the tory bit...

"Government ministers have been heavily criticised after quietly abandoning the requirement for fire sprinklers to be fitted in new schools, in what has been called a “retrograde step” by fire chiefs.

An update to the Department of Education’s (DfE) Design in Fire Safety in Schools stated that “Building Regulations do not require the installation of fire sprinkler suppression systems in school buildings for life safety”.

“Therefore,” it added, “[guidelines] no longer include an expectation that most new school buildings will be fitted with them.”

Linky Linky

Do you agree that schools shouldn't have sprinkler systems, in the same way as car parks don't have to which you agreed was wrong?

Last edited:
Their funding developer buddies saved a lot of money though
You have proof of this or just a hunch? What car parks, what developers, what connections? Why do you think that anyone that runs a business is just two backhanders away from a Tory minister?
Do you agree that schools shouldn't have sprinkler systems, in the same way as car parks don't have to which you agreed was wrong?
Why on earth would I agree that schools shouldn’t have a sprinkler system? Unlike you, I don’t wish death on anyone connected with or affected by a Tory decision just to score a point. Stop being so ****ing pathetic.

You are always banging on about a PR voting system so presumably you would want that to work for whichever political party you support. Why don't you tell us* who you will be voting for in the next GE and show us their last manifesto that says if elected, they will be making sprinkler systems mandatory in schools.

* At this point, Ellal will either (1) disappear into the ether, (2) come back with an answer that isn’t an answer at all or will (3) resort to default mode saying his vote is none of my business, personal information, how dare I ask, creepy troll stalker….blah blah ****ing blah, swerve.

Last edited:
IMO the reason that the Fire Officer was told that it was a Fossel fuel vehicle was the cause, was that had it been an EV the EV industry would collapse overnight no one would buy them , also the Insurance premiums would escalate , the Governments policy of green energy in the next few years would be shattered.
So the blame is put on a standard fire situation ( Fossel fuel vehicle) and inadaquate fire precautions . i.e no sprinkler system .
I was a Firefighter for some 30 Years and never come across a Diesel vehicle exploding , My guess is that the Range Rover was a Hybrid , ( Fuel and Electric Drive )
Fire officers have to be careful with their initial comments, not sure the industry would collapse overnight though.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back