Macerator Question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved in to a new house about 8 weeks ago. It's had various extension work done, including adding a downstairs cloakroom.

The waste from the cloakroom is pumped to the soil stack with the join mounted upstairs. The macerator has failed and needs to be replaced (or ideally junked and a traditional waste put in - although I'm not sure if this will be possible)

The slightly odd thing about it (and the reason I haven't just replaced straightaway) is the macerator is mounted on the external wall in a plastic box. I'm guessing this was done to keep noise down and give the appearance of a traditional toilet. As it contains a tank of water, surely it will freeze in the winter if mounted here?

Before I go and blow £400 on a new unit, any advice would be very welcome.

Sponsored Links
I would go to a lot of trouble to get it to run by gravity into the stack or sewer if at all possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back