Machine gun type noise near fusebox, headlamp area. What is it ? Video included

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm not really sure how to describe this noise, other than its like a machine gun fire type noise. It seems to be coming from the fusebox or headlamp area but I think it's more nearer fuse box.
Noise happens with key in ignition but I now realised it does it with engine running too.

Please can anyone tell me what is it ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Headlamp leveller? Try unplugging the headlamp to see if it stops. If not that, try the relays one by one.

Sponsored Links
Some car’s have a switch inside that you set for the number of passengers and it automatically adjusts the height of the headlamp aim. Assuming you have these fitted, if you unplug the headlamp connector and the noise stops, that will be your problem.

remove the cover to the fusebox.
turn on the ignition so you can hear the noise
Pull the relays one by one, replacing them until the nose stops.

Bear in mind that there may be one that powers the others so removing it wills top lots of things.

Figure out what circuit it is for then that will aid your finding whats causing it.

BTW - try everything - what is it that is not working properly now?

You could try just putting your fingers on the relays, sometimes you can feel the vibration form the guilty one.

Peter

Completely offside - but a fuel pump?

Might those who know to say what the car is.

remove the cover to the fusebox.
turn on the ignition so you can hear the noise
Pull the relays one by one, replacing them until the nose stops.

Bear in mind that there may be one that powers the others so removing it wills top lots of things.

Figure out what circuit it is for then that will aid your finding whats causing it.

BTW - try everything - what is it that is not working properly now?

thanks matty

Sponsored Links
Back