MagnaClean Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

New here and was just wondering if you could give me some advice on installing a MagnaClean on a 22mm unvented system.

I'm a little bit unsure on where to install as I don't want to install it straight after the pump and my boilers mounted to high to place above. I've enclosed a picture for you guys to have a look.

Should I be covering the cylinder and the radiators or just the radiators?

I'm an electrician by trade so I'm useless at plumbing, any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
The usual practice is to install the magna clean on the return pipework as close as practable to the boiler if space is restricted by the boiler I would suggest putting it on the pipework directly to the right of the Grunny pump at low level :cool:

I cant see a htg in return in the airing cupboard is there one ?

Amazing, no insulation but someone has bothered to paint it all silver.

Must be a new build.

Sponsored Links
Its alright, a bit of ptfe should fix it ;)

You may well be right, PTFE is very good for sealing certain joints, as I know from personal experience..

However I'd rather have a device that is better made and doesn't leak.

How many have you fitted? How many of those have leaked? How many of those are now caked in PTFE?

Not particularly interested in getting into a slanging match again - the last one was never finished anyway... but if you are going to start giving this sort of advise based on "experience"- can they be real numbers rather than made up percentages ;)?

The usual practice is to install the magna clean on the return pipework as close as practable to the boiler if space is restricted by the boiler I would suggest putting it on the pipework directly to the right of the Grunny pump at low level :cool:

so litterally just after the return pipe from the cylinder?

I cant see a htg in return in the airing cupboard is there one ?

Sorry not very clued up when it comes to plumbing.. htg?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back