Magnaclean Twintec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have any of you installers had any issues with these?

I had one fitted as part of a boiler swap, seems to have worked quite well.

I've had the plastic filter bowl crack twice at the moulding line causing a leak, both times I've had a replacement fitted, the third time I had an upgraded filter bowl fitted that according to magnaclean is an upgraded part.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue?

Sponsored Links
I've only fitted the standard Magnaclean to date.

I'm fitting (or was :eek: ) a twintech next week.

I had mine fitted in november, I had one fail in november and one in feb, luckily for the plumber I am fairly savvy so managed to seal it and maintain pressure while he waited for parts otherwise I would have been on the phone complaining :LOL:

From what I was told it only affected 0-400 (last 3 digits) the new bowls should be a yellowish colour plastic not clear.

Definately a nice product, but my plumbers arse is nipping a bit as has has fitted a load of these, luckily mine is in the garage so the damage the leak caused didnt really matter.

Fitted a few but found the olives they provide tend to leak. We use other olives now and have no probs.

Sponsored Links
magnacleans are a good idea but are cheaply made. the plastic threads strip very easily unless you are careful, and they have since introduced new isolation valves and a new o-ring for the top cap as theyre all prone to leaking

magnacleans are a good idea but are cheaply made.
Utter nonsense.

the plastic threads strip very easily unless you are careful
You're right, of course, but I would have worded that slightly differently, viz:

the plastic threads are very robust unless you are a ham-fisted moron.

and they have since introduced new isolation valves and a new o-ring for the top cap as theyre all prone to leaking
Not all of them - I have five, and none of them leaks.

Do you find that a lot of your installations leak? :D

bannana_purple.gif

my installations dont leak unless the isolation valves have been disturbed. with regards to your 'ham fisted moron' comment i can only say that it is obvious to tradesmen that they should not be over-tightened, but what about to the DIY installer??? after all we are on a DIY forum. and what makes you think that a moulded-plastic cartridge with a magnet inside has NOT been cheaply made?

fitted loads of magnacleans but no twintechs as yet, only problem ive had once was the longer m and f elbow had a line in the copper which weaped and i had to make my own up

Thread revival...

My dads twintec been in 3-4 years, cleaned it out other week as not been looked at for 2 years as been in canada.

Looked at boiler other day noticed pressure drop so thought could have been air but ill keep an eye on it. Noticed today more drop so decided to investigate and the Twintec is leaking damit.

Cleaned o ring but just made it worse! Emailed ADEY who rang me within 5 mintues and are sending me out a new canister and O ring..

TOP SERVICE! No warranty or questions asked just bang happy to help, woman on the phone was sound as a pound too.

CANISTER no is M100413 so appears not just in the 0-400 range as quoted above.

Seen the results on the Adey website? -http://www.adeysolutions.co.uk/ProductComparison.asp

food for thought... :!:

yes their customer service tends to be quite good and they are very generous imo. But then so they flaming well should be when so many of their products leak like sieves. There's just as good products out there that don't leak and are better designed.

yes their customer service tends to be quite good and they are very generous imo. But then so they flaming well should be when so many of their products leak like sieves. There's just as good products out there that don't leak and are better designed.

Spirotech Magnabooster and the Fernox TF1?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back