Magnaclean Twintec

Sponsored Links
ADEY have a lot of goodwill to catch up on. I had a friend, who gets stuff made in China look at a Magnaclean, and he reckons they cost £2 or so.

We fitted a few when they first came out, and a few TwinTechs.

Lamentable quality, I'd say 50% have failed in one way or another. Adey always offer to send out the bits, but this is not how I please my customers.

We went back to fitting Spirotechs, and have never had a single issue. I'm always interested to hear what DIYewrs find of productr reliability; but we install this stuff every day and if something is cr*p we are going to know pretty soon.

Fit Adey stuff and wait for the phone to ring. Take your wellies.

yes their customer service tends to be quite good and they are very generous imo. But then so they flaming well should be when so many of their products leak like sieves. There's just as good products out there that don't leak and are better designed.

Spirotech Magnabooster and the Fernox TF1?

precisely. Neither require the operation of the valves or removal of a lid, disturbing a seal etc.. to clean them. So straight away they are better products for the end user, thats without worrying about build quality.

Sponsored Links
Seen the results on the Adey website? - http://www.adeysolutions.co.uk/ProductComparison.asp[/QUOTE]
Yes, but you have to bear in mind that the report was commissioned and paid for by Adey.

Hmm more food for thought - But was independant but again dont mean Jack if ADEY put some cash into it....

As for Costing £2 to make, profits not a dirty word. We can go round in circles all day looking at everyday items and what they cost to make.. Dyson hoovers, Burton snowboards, Ann summers Jolly green giants.

Ive fit a lot of Magnacleans over the last 6-10 years (whenever they came out) and not had that many fail on me. Probably 3-4 with leaks on valves or seals etc...

But u never know if customers get new plumbers or tackle things themsleves etc.. My own house has had one for 5 years and all good so far :eek: (famous last words)

TF1 does look decent tho. Im just glad these magnet filters exist TBH :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back