Magnaclean valves

I was amazed at how much ruddy crud it caught in the first few hours alone.
yes, it's strangely satisfying isn't it? I scraped mine into a jamjar so I could see how much there was (when it dries out there is much less of it)

are you running the CH pump round the rads, with the boiler turned down? it is worth closing them all except one to increase the flow through each rad in turn so the X400 washes out more of the sludge. open both valves but note the number of turns on the lockshield so you can put it back later.

Sponsored Links
Yes its very satisfying....I also collected mine and put it in a bowl to dry out. The missus thinks I've turned geek because I want to collect the rust :LOL:

Mind you, she got me checking its magnetic field in case it affected her cooking pots (loopy is the polite comment), I had a compass next to it checking for "fallout". :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tips re X400, I'll do that.

Never had any problems with valves there is a different valve on the new ones and they shut off the other way so when its inline its off that stumped me first time. Ive threaded so many of these it's untrue dont know why they have plastic thread.

Its better to fit a mesh filter washer in the outlet of the Magnaclean. That will catch lime compounds and other non magnetic debris.

The magnaclean also acts as a convenient chemical dosing point.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't the mesh filter quicky block up and prevent the flow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back