Main House fuse blown - what type and size to fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have accidently blown the main house cartridge fuse, when a metal cover fell across the un shrouded bus bar and the cover.
I know that I should really go to my supplier to sort this but does anyone know what type and size is usually fitted. The main breaker on the distribution board is 100A. I am an Industrial Electrical Engineer by trade so have some knowledge on the subject.

Sponsored Links
I have accidently blown the main house cartridge fuse, when a metal cover fell across the un shrouded bus bar and the cover.
I know that I should really go to my supplier to sort this but does anyone know what type and size is usually fitted. The main breaker on the distribution board is 100A. I am an Industrial Electrical Engineer by trade so have some knowledge on the subject.
Its not your fuse to replace and how are you going to re-seal it if you do replace it?
Get the supply company in...

Frank

If you are an industrial spark, you should most certainly know the answer!

Sponsored Links
TLC sell them.

Why not get the supplier in and get a free (in some regions) isolator put on the supply - that way you could isolate the box before you work on it - crazy idea I know :rolleyes:

If you are an industrial spark, you should most certainly know the answer!
Curious too that if he's happy to obtain and fit a replacement fuse himself why he didn't just cut the seals, remove the old one, and say to himself "Oh look it's an 80A BS1361" (or whatever)...

And then see if he could find one sculling about at work...

I think we'd all like to see a photo of the aftermath. :D

An industrial spark who likes playing russian roulette, obviously.

Curious too that if he's happy to obtain and fit a replacement fuse himself why he didn't just cut the seals, remove the old one, and say to himself "Oh look it's an 80A BS1361" (or whatever)...

And then see if he could find one sculling about at work...

Or an electrical wholesaler. It's not exactly rocket science is it?

Unlike shorting out a busbar which appears to be a very precise science, especially when it causes no damage to the equipment...

well it must be fixed by now, it blew before 9 this morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back