Main System 28 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All - hope you can help

I have a Main System 28 HE boiler which was installed 5 weeks ago but not commissioned pending completion of the underfloor heating system. I tried to run it last night after filling to 1 bar pressure and it made all the right noises - the pump started up fine and the ignition went and for abotu 2 seconds I had lots f lame and then no more. It repeated teh cycle a few times and then the reset indicator started to flash. Resetting didn't help though. I left it for an hour and tried again and again I got flames for 2 seconds and that was it.

The fault finding diagram seems to point to a blocked condensate drain or blocked flue or to a faulty PCB.

Does anyone know where the condensate drain outlet is on these boilers?

The pressure relief pipework is in place but I can't find anything related to the condensate drain.. There is a 1"nut on the bottom somewhere which gushes water when I undo it so I figured that couldn't be it.

Many thanks for any help..

Sponsored Links
Getting it commissioned is probably a good idea. Can anyone recommend a plumber in the Herne Hill area?

Please give me a call!

07809 140 319

Sponsored Links
Isolating valves under boiler on flow and return not by chance turned off

Is there a reason you're not getting the guy who fitted it to commission it??

Josh,

Are you being rather economic with the truth !

Fairly obviously, the installers should be the ones to commission the boiler, complete the paperwork and notify the installation to Building Control. Why are you interfering with that?

You now ask for a plumber in Herne Hill ! Thats worrying !

Either the installers were not registered or competent OR you have not paid the installers and so they are not completing the installation !

Could you come clean and explain exactly whats going on please ?

So far, from whats been said, it reflects badly on you!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back