mains circuit help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own a house in London that i rent out to a nice old lady, the mains switch keeps tripping, i asked her to switch on off appliances and the EB also talked her through re setting stuff (soz not an electrician)

I am a landlord in N Yorks so have my own lekky for things up here, This is what the guy said who went to the house

Couldnt find fault, ring circuit has broken down, house is on one ring circuit so he would have to find and repair the damaged cable

Then re supply a new ring for 1st floor and downstairs, radial link for the boiler on a separate link, and a full test and inspection

My guys said did he do insulation resistance tests, Dont know, So is the guy I called out taking the mick? I wont tell you the price he quoted.

A full re wire surely a joke

Sponsored Links
the mains switch keeps tripping,
What does that mean? Every few minutes? Hours? Days? Sometimes gaps of hours? Sometimes gaps of days?

Couldnt find fault,
Intermittent RCD tripping can be very hard to diagnose.

The most recent of many such examples here: //www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/tripping-rcd-installing-rcbos.331981/

ring circuit has broken down, house is on one ring circuit so he would have to find and repair the damaged cable
He would.

Then re supply a new ring for 1st floor and downstairs, radial link for the boiler on a separate link, and a full test and inspection
Did he explain why?

My guys said did he do insulation resistance tests, Dont know, So is the guy I called out taking the mick?
Don't know.

Did he do insulation resistance tests?

What other tests did he do?

What inspections did he do?

What did he find?

A full re wire surely a joke
Don't know. Did he explain why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back