Mains power shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

have an electrics shower in the parents house, and comming into this time of year its pretty terrible with the freezing inlet temperatures.

Now I have a combi which can easily give plenty of hot water for showering, but since the bathroom was not long ago renewed, dont want to remove electric and fit mixer as we've no spare tiles to repair walls with.

I have seen electric pumped mixer showers for use with hot water cylinders that look like an electric shower and in the same enclosure.

Question is, can I fit one of them to a mains/combi system and just disconect the wiring to the pump?

Or do they make a thermosatic mixer that looks like a normal Mira type electric shower I could replace theirs with?

Sponsored Links
its not fitting the new one thats a problem, its hiding the mess that the old electric shower would leave, who ever tiled it just broke a quarter off a tile behind it for wiring and pipe work/and the holes in other tiles from drilled fixings.

Sponsored Links
Get yourself one piece of slate, a floor or wall tile or a piece of stainless steel of your choice. Carefully drill it to take the shower valve of your choice, then fix it over the mess left after removing the electric shower with a mirror screw in each corner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back