Mains water pressure v bigger combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I am trying to obtain a decent hot water flow rate to at least 2 showers simultaneously. At present if one person is having a shower and another tries to, then the water flow drops to a trickle. I currently have a Worcester Bosch green star 30 with a shared water supply - it is a ground floor flat with 2 flats above. My question is do I need a bigger boiler, a different type of boiler or a separate water supply or a combination of these? I would really appreciate some advice as the water company says a separate supply and plumber a new boiler.

Sponsored Links
If you want two showers to run at the same time with a decent performance, a combination boiler is not the answer.
Doesn't matter how good your incoming mains water is, the limiting factor is how much heat can be put into the water by the boiler.

A system which heats water in a stored cylinder or other vessel is the solution. Whether that is supplied from the mains or from a tank and/or pump depends on how good your mains water supply is.

how many people live in the flat? what type of showers are they, electric or mixers? what is your cold mains pressure like? do you have a shared mains water supply?
No point putting a bigger combi in if you aint got the mains water pressure to start with!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back