Mains water replacemento.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys.apologies in advance for troublin your lordships but....(Thats what we call creepin',by the way).

Still struggling with our galvo water main which is concreted in the corner of the (ex) kitchen . It enters property via a tee and BEHOLD a redundant Dead End).

Its about 750mm down under the drive 4 to 6" out,running along the foundations and seems to enter via some sort of a 'duct' What 'kind' of 'duct' can I expect from a 50s installation when I begin der azzault mit auntie Boschhammer?

Will MDPE feed nicely up such a chute or are we looking at a greek tragegy of digging out?

Sponsored Links
enter via some sort of a 'duct' What 'kind' of 'duct' can I expect from a 50s installation when I begin der azzault mit auntie Boschhammer?

Will MDPE feed nicely up such a chute or are we looking at a greek tragegy of digging out?
Duct if I know :rolleyes: might be a 4inch saltglazed drain pipe ;)

Cheers for that Nige. Tis what I suspect, but I do like authoritative direction Before I go 'live' with the weaponry!
Do you reckon that'll have a slow enough bend to take MDPE.Or shall we just leap upon it as a cat on a poly sack enclosing a kipper?
Worth being gentle or not?

:LOL: You might get a rope through and tie/duct tape it to the PMDE ( blue pipe) then pull on it like you`re pulling a * person * off your Granny :eek: with someone outside pushing on the Blue Pipe :idea:

Sponsored Links
All is well.She yeilded not unlike a comely maiden!
(You're getting an image now aren't you!)
And don't pee in the tanks man,the crews get p***d off and machinegun the french civilians!...be nice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back