Mains Water Shut-off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Im new here and have some questions about the shut off for the mains water supply.

Im looking to get a porch built and have had the suvayor come round to do the mesurements and while he was there he noticed that there was a small round concrete manhole/drain cover which he said needs to move before they can do thier work.

I have not yet confirmed exactly what its for (will do that tonight) but im almost 100% sure its the water mains shut off valve/tap outside the house.

Now the questions... Providing it is the shut off, does anyone have any idea how easy it would be to move it if its actually possible?

Many thanks

Muzzy

Sponsored Links
Easy enough - turn it off, find somewhere indoors along the run where you can install a stopcock, install it, turn the tap in the porch back on, infill the hole with peashingle or sand, topped off with a bit of concrete. Job done.

Hi dextrous, thanks for replying.

I opened the cover and it seems its not the shut off which im pleased about. All it seems to be is an overflow for the waste so going to be ok i think.

Thanks again for replying.

Muzzy

An overflow from the waste? I doubt that sounds more like a roding access for drains.

Sponsored Links
Hi mrgas.

Sorry im not that clued up on plumbing so just assumed it was an overflow because of the way it looked.

When you say roding access do you mean access for cleaning or unblocking?

Thanks

Muzzy

Hi mrgas.

Sorry im not that clued up on plumbing so just assumed it was an overflow because of the way it looked.

When you say roding access do you mean access for cleaning or unblocking?

Thanks

Muzzy
A picture would paint a thousand words here! Whatever happened to telly savalas? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back