Mains Water Supply - 15mm Pipe Causing Pressure Problem??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just replaced our old combi-boiler with a new condensing model, and the plumber noted that we don't have great water pressure. For example, the electric shower in our 2nd bathroom provides only a scalding dribble if another tap is opened, or the washing machine is filling.

The plumber told me that a pump cannot be used with the combi-boiler, and wondered whether the mains stopcock tap (which I had discovered under some floorboards in the hall when relaying them) was fully open correctly. Otherwise he said that the only way to improve the pressure would be to fit a larger rising mains pipe from the road, and that this was a big job.

I have checked the mains stopcock - and it was fully open. HOWEVER, at the tap, the mains supply is reduced from a 22mm to a 15mm pipe. Would this cause a reduction in pressure for the whole house?

Advice really appreciated!!

SH

Sponsored Links
If you previously had a combi, what was the pressure like before it was replaced?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back