making good a joint of redland tikes to a parapet wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have today been out trying to repair a pitch roof (30 degrees) that is between my terraced house end wall and over what was the outside bog and the shed.
This roof is tiled with REDLAND roof tiles (Huge great heavy things) and it seems that the original installer must have run out of tiles as the gap on the left hand side of this roof (viewed from the back garden) has a gap of around 4.5 inches which has been made up with mortar and broken tiles to form a massive fillet butted up to the parapet wall (common with my neighbour). I have taken the majority of this fillet(!) away and having replaced the underfelt and battens on that side I am now left with this yawning gap.How would you suggest I make a nice neat job of the joint to the wall.?
best regards
Dave Hickman

Sponsored Links
Take a tile to your local builders merchant and get enough to replace missing ones...then cut to fit with a diamond disc in an angle grinder........I would put a nice stepped lead flashing back ..........but then I can `cuz I`m a plumber ;)

Thanx for your input - I didn't think they still made those tiles.That was my main concern.Can you get ready made stepped flashing or do you have to do it yourself.
regards
Dave H

Sponsored Links
All has to be made ;) but a stepped with soakers is an easy one ..........sometimes the plumbers merchants have freebie books from the lead suppliers.....worth asking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back