making good external render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys i just posted in general DIY forum, but if you dont mind i will also post my thread in here in the hope someone can offer some advice especially with making good the external render, whats best to use and the best method

Cheers

Hi, i am replacing my kitchen hood it should of been an easy job with a straight swap, but the problem is the ducting hole is slightly to small. The hood is going to be ducted straight outside through a double skin masonry wall rendered externally.

The ducting is 125mm diameter, and i guess the existing hole is 120mm diameter, whats the best plan of attack here? I appreciate if i was making the hole for the first time i would hire a core drill etc but as i need to open the hole further im not sure if this is the way to go. Im not sure if there would be enough masonry left for a new core drill to bite properly (never used a core drill before), also i would like to avoid the cost if possible.

I was wondering if maybe i could do something with my SDS drill, sort of stitch drill and hammer and bolster? Any advice would be most appreciated

Also any advice on what to use and how to make good the external render where the ducting grill fits would be awesome, especially with regards to being able to fix the grill to the wall once ducting hole has been cut and masonry removed.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back