Making Sky pay........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Daughter tried to have Sky TV/Broadband/Talk fitted to her flat last October.

The fitting engineer couldn't fit it due to running the cables through other peoples property. Sky did, however, raise a MUK code for her flat on the telephone line.

(For those of you who don't know it is a unique code on the telephone line much the same as your PUK code on your mobile).

She then tried Tiscali and others, who can't supply until Sky releases the MUK code to her. According to Ofcom this should be done with 5 days.

After lots of calls and E-Mails Sky still haven't released the code. She sent a Registered Letter today to Sky telling them they have 7 days to sort it other wise she will sue.

Questions is, apart from the release of the code, should she be entitled to some compensation from them for the months of grief she has suffered, including the fact she has been without the internet for nearly 3 months?

Whaddythink?

Sponsored Links
Do you mean MAC code? Sky may not have one if the broadband was never provided.

Does she have a BT line and if so, did Sky actually provide broadband on it? I suspect that the line may have been 'tagged' by an unfulfilled broadband order through Sky. The tag prevents all ISP's from ordering broadband, but an ISP can apply to BT Wholesale for the tag to be removed.

toptec said:
Sky did, however, raise a MUK code for her flat on the telephone line.
MAC, not MUK.

(For those of you who don't know it is a unique code on the telephone line much the same as your PUK code on your mobile).
PAC, not PUK.

She then tried Tiscali and others
Oh dear - from the frying pan into the fire. :(

Questions is, apart from the release of the code, should she be entitled to some compensation from them for the months of grief she has suffered, including the fact she has been without the internet for nearly 3 months?

Whaddythink?
I would suggest that getting on with her life is more important - once you have the MAC number, just choose a proper ISP and put Sky behind you/her.

Sponsored Links
I suffered terribly before I got my broadband, near suicidal i was, but i found this group in the yellow pages that helped me through those dark dark days and pulled me through, how i would have managed without them heaven knows, Now my life is one long surfing experience and i have seen the websites praise be to the internet.

Oh the name of the group? The Broadbandians, livesavers the lot, bless em!

Yoiu're right, MAC not MUK and PAC not PUK.

Tiscali, Virgin, Carphone Warehouse and others all say they are unable to supply until Sky release the code.

Due to the F*'kwits at Sky her "Broadbandian" experience has been on hold for three months. They don't care as she won't be their customer. I reckon an old fasioned bouquet would be nice.

You won't believe me, Softus, but when I read this earlier, I nearly wrote the same...

It's widely acknowledged to be true that great minds think alike. ;)

you mean like Dick and Dom and Little and Large and The Krankies and Ant and Dec and....... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back