Mansard roof development proposal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20160720_195014.jpg
20160720_194919.jpg
Hi there,
I have a 1950s two bed attached property with a mansard design roof, alongside a driveway leading to garden access. Two bedrooms and bathroom are located upstairs.
The felted part of the roof is starting to fail and the original 6x 1950s velux upstairs also need replaced as the seals have gone and the frames are starting to rot.
I have an architect interested in drafting plans for development of the upstairs which I'd ideally thought of facing the current mansard slated section to match existing ground floor, with new glazing, and development of a peaked slated roof on a 2nd floor which would have internal spiral stair access for a room the size of the upper footprint of the house. Also considered extending right, over the drive, level with current upper floor and including the proposed peaked roof extension on top of this. I'd hoped that in some way, the side extension could be stilted/built to still enable driveway access underneath to the rear garden.
Has anyone ever been involved with or known of any mansard roof developments? I'm in a conservation area in Stirling so my first step will be having the plans drawn and submitting an application. From my vague description would anyone have a very rough idea of cost, or any advice?
Thanks in advance.
Chris

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back