Manual for Macallister multi tool MSMT 300QC

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi all,I am new here so apologies for any errors.
I live in Spain and I can only speak/read a little Spanish ,today I went to a Brico depot ( B and Q) and purchased the above multi tool.Not having used one before I expected the instruction book to at least have an English section but no it had every European language except English!

I then spent two hours on the internet and telephone attempting to find a English instruction book to no avail.B & Q could not help and told me to contact Screwfix who then passed me to Kingfisher ,and there I was on the merry go round !!!

From reading various reviews today it would seem I am not alone in having problems with Macallister tools and each of the above do not seem to want to help.

Could anyone possessing me in possibly obtaining the instructions in English?

I am at the point where I am considering returning the multi tool to the store.

Sponsored Links
I shouldn't think there would be much to learn from a manual, with my multimaster I put a blade in and used it.
If you want to translate, its very easy to take a picture of each page and and let your phone and google translate do the work.

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes I did think of doing that but looking at each country language section they each have forty four pages .I am sure that a lot of the pages will be Health and Safety etc , unless I find English instructions it looks like I will have to sit down for a few hours and translate the relevant Spanish sections.(n)

John, if you can't work out how to fit the blade, turn it on and use it. Do you think you will be able/responsable to use it?

Andy

Hi, I have used power tools in the past but not this kind,I am H & S conscious but my main reason for wanting the instructions was so I did not break it..lol.I will do the translation later and have a go at fitting the blades etc and will post the outcome.

If you email Screwfix UK, without saying you are in Spain, and say you bought the tool and lost the instructions, they might email one.

Hi all, just an update, this morning I contacted Screwfix having 'lost' the instruction book and guess what I have just received via email ?..prior to receiving it I had a look at the multi tool and the spares and as Andy said there was not a lot to learn,I put a blade on and switched it on....perfect.First job this weekend will be replacing several cracked tiles around the pool.
If any other member needs a copy of the instructions in the future then please contact me and I will try to forward them.

Many thanks to you all and I will delving into these great forums in the future.:)

if you have an Aldi or similar near you, they sometimes have packs of blades in the Central Aisle of Mystery. There are several different fittings, so take one of your old ones.

Big brand blades are expensive

I get mine mail order from Saxton. Bimetallics will cut through a screw (but only once). You can get carbide grit or diamond blades for tiles, which are expensive.

Thanks both, I did think that the blade that came with it was for tiles but reading the instructions it is for wood only.I did buy a similar looking spare blade when I bought the tool and it is definately for concrete/tiles etc the make is Erbaeur.There is an Aldi nearby so I will be checking on Saturday( I know the aisle well !)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back