MAPP use paranoia...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picked up a Bernzomatic TS700 which is pretty much identical to the Rothy superfire2. Now I have always been using MAPP to solder in college but have read that this could have adverse effects? Says it can be harmful?

Now since the use of these torches is invariably going to be in confined spaces, its making me point to using propane instead, I know it don't get as hot as quick but just wondering what your guys views on MAPP or propane is?

Sponsored Links
Harmful in which way? I can't imagine the breathing in Mapp or Propane gas or the fumes from combustion can in anyway be good.

I use MAPP,simply because its warmer quicker, you use less as a result and it costs only a few quid more.

The combustion of MAPP gas does indeed produce toxins, it's ok if it is well ventilated. Propane, only produces CO2 and water when it burns, so is harmless. Propane itself is also non toxic.

Hmm thats the dilemma see, I knew when burnt the MAPP is worse off than the Propane. I'm so used to MAPP though...

Sponsored Links
sureley, if there was any problem with MAPP, the guy at the counter would hand over a health and safety "dossier" to warn folk, or maybe strapped to the side on canister.?

Im more concerned about bluetooth headsets. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back