Mark 6 fiesta........Not Zetec.....1300cc

AZ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every morning when i start the car a whineing noise sounding like a hen developes and then disapears when the car warms up. The car then runs fine. Any ideas as this noise is irritating. I have sprayed WD on the alternater wheel etc, but to no avail. The noise only appears when i accelerate, not when car is just ticking over.

Help!

Sponsored Links
spaying the belts might also casue the noise as the belts slip :idea:

Nothing to do with spraying with WD 40 as the noise was there before i did that and i made sure it was kept off the belt.

Neo... My car has a timing chain and tensioner, but if this was the prob why would it disapear once car got warm. It only makes noise when you start it in the morning when choke comes on and once you go over 1800 revs it disapears.

What are the chances of a new fan belt just being the answer?

Sponsored Links
A fan belt sounds the likely culprit, a really high pitched squeal. A new belt does not always cure it though, the pulleys can go shiney and cause even new belts to squeal.

Could it be a diverter valve in the air filter inlet?

When the engine is cold it draws warm air from around the exhaust manifold, when hot from elsewhere.

As it changes over, the airflow can sometimes play tunes on it like the reed in a clarinet.

Back