MarkBarl grahics card

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Mark some details from the desk top check.

All was pass apart from the video card.
Here are the results;

My vidoe card minnimum 256 Mb video card with shader model 3 (nvdia ge force 6800+/ati radeon x 1650+)
You have ati radoen xpress 200 series
Minnimum atributes of your video card;
Fail,Video ram req 256Mb you have 64Mb
Pass,Video card 3d accelleration yes
Pass, Video hw transform and lighting yes
Fail , Vertex shader ver req 3.0 you have 2.0
Fail , pixel shader ver req 3.0 you have 2.0

Driver version diect x number is 6.14.10.6583

Hope you can figure this one out for me.

Many thanks Mark

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Go and buy a new vid card, if you are into your gaming you should be looking to be spending at least £80, otherwise you'll only be upgrading it again in a few months when the 'next big thing' game comes out.

On your current system, you've no hope.

You'll probably need to upgrade your memory as well. Fortunately memory is cheap these days, even so you'll be looking at min £100 spend to run the game.

You still may even struggle if your processor/CPU isn't man enough for the job :cry:

Can you post the make and model of PC, or Motherboard make and model if it is not a branded system. We can then give advice on possible graphics cards.

Many thanx Mark will do.

But by the grace of god i`m a plumber for my sins

Where would i find the details required.

Many thanks

Sighned a mere mortal

Ps If your into low carbon emmission renewable energy boilers gasification or 0% heating systems Let me know i`ll help you out with anything i can.

Many many many THANKS :D :D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
To find out the details of your PC, download Belarc Advisor from:
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

When it is installed and run it will come up with a list of just about everything on your PC.
It will be about 5 pages long but well worth printing off and keeping in a safe place.

It will have the serial and part numbers of hardware and most importantly the main Key Numbers for the softwareon the machine, like the Windows key for your OS and any Office software that you have. These numbers are needed if you have to reinstall your OS at any time.

dave

Ok Guys

System Model
Dixonsxpdixonsxp
System serial number
1g09200161403995

Main circuit board
Dixonsxp rc4107ma-s2
Bus clock 133 megahertz
Bios phoenix technoligies ltd 6.00pg03/16/2006

Hope this helps cause there was page after page

Regards Simon

Cannot find info on Dixonsxp but RC4107MA-RS2 is a mobo manufactured by Foxconn Here.

Was this a PC purchased originally from Dixons?

If it is actually the Foxconn board as above you have integrated graphics and the ability to add a PCIe graphics card.

Suggest you run CPU-Z available Here just to confirm all relevant system information and post the results

Cannot find info on Dixonsxp

Sorry Tony , but that was bloody funny :LOL:

OP , you may also want to check that your PSU has enough grunt if you upgrading the card. The PSU's typically put in the high street jobbies are very poor.

Hi guys

Yep i know dixons , it was a shock for me too as it was purchased brand fire new from pc world

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cannot find info on Dixonsxp

Sorry Tony , but that was b****y funny :LOL:
Now that I have read it again I know what you mean :LOL: Rapidly trying to regain some dignity back what I meant of course Dixonsxp rc4107ma-s2 not found but Foxconn model rc4107ma-s2 sounds suspiciously close - could it be that Dixons buying power allowed them to dictate their signature burnt into BIOS.

Being slightly under the affluence of incohol I had better go now before I make further howlers :LOL:

EDIT: pipeslice if you download and run CPU Z it may give a better indication of mobo manufacturer

could it be that Dixons buying power allowed them to dictate their signature burnt into BIOS.

Not burnt into the Bios , no , its taken from Sytem properties, which is pretty simple to modify. Ever seen the system properties page on a Tiny PC ? :eek: Bloomin' nuts!

Yep i know dixons , it was a shock for me too as it was purchased brand fire new from pc world

Same company matey.

Foxconn model rc4107ma-s2 sounds suspiciously close

Think you are bang on the money there. Very common for these to have Foxconn or Jetway boards in them.

Being slightly under the affluence of incohol

Incohol ? LOL ... Sounds like you've had enough fella ;)

Will check out the cpu thingy. While you settle down to a drink.

Cheers "hick"

could it be that Dixons buying power allowed them to dictate their signature burnt into BIOS.
Not burnt into the Bios , no , its taken from Sytem properties, which is pretty simple to modify. Ever seen the system properties page on a Tiny PC ? :eek: Bloomin' nuts!
Ah, so Belarc advisor takes info from system properties only then - hopefully CPU Z will give the true mobo

Being slightly under the affluence of incohol
Incohol ? LOL ... Sounds like you've had enough fella ;)
Yes, banished to another room while SWMBO watches X factor or some such entertainment

Yeah Tony late in the night , i`ve drunk all the larger and now making my way down the jamesons bottle.

Begining to think if i take the game and computer to pc world give em the word (sort this ) ring me when it`s done

;)

Taking your PC into PC World for repair is a bit like asking Fred West over to babysit your kids.

Sponsored Links
Back