Marks/Stains on hardwood flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having purchased (from floors 2 go :mad: ) and had installed a Hardwood flooring in a number of rooms within my house, but now a number of patches have appeared which we are unable to clean. I would like some suggestions on how to clean these marks/stains before I have to commit to getting the whole floor sanded and oiled.

Sponsored Links
If you 'wood' be able to give bit more info on these patches (appeared out off the blue?, spilled things on it, colour, any other info) we wood be able to advice better

Thats the problem they did seem to appear out of the blue. I have a feeling that whilst other work was being carried out (skirting etc) the fitters were working over the newly laid wooden floor, there are some white stickey stuff which we have succesfully removed but beyond that nothing has been spilt onto the flooring.

I will post an image once my camera is charged.

Sponsored Links
Oak and concrete/screed is a no-no area. (reacts with the resins in the Oak). But if the wood was pre-finished it shouldn't cause problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back