Mastic Mess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just removed an old conservatory from the back of the house and where it joined the house, it has left long lines of brown mastic. I've tried using mastic eater, but that hasn'et really helped apart from making a mess. Any ideas how to remove it?

Sponsored Links
You can get brick cleaning acid which is used for removing cement, that may do it. Sorry don't know the brand name, you need to ask at builders merchant and they will be able to advise you anyway.

dont use brick acid as it only reacts with cement based products(its basically 18% hydrochloric acid and neutralises the cement in mortar concrete etc). so if you dont want to effect the surrounding mortar joints or the slabs/concrete/ block paving below then elbow grease is the answer!

Sponsored Links
i am afraid noseall is right elbow grease is the answer but if the mastic is oil based then white spirit and a wire brush may help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back