Mate bled sterling oil boiler. Runs for 3 mins, cuts out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening people,

Got a phone call from my mate to say he had run out of oil and asking how does he bleed his Sterling boiler (Danfoss pump). So i explained to him how to do it. Got the oil through but he failed to mention to me that he had messed about with pressure adjustment screw as well before he ran me!!!!

Anyway he eventually got the boiler to fire and it now runs for about 3 mins and then cuts out. Thermostat was set at 60. Got him to set the thermostat to 90 and it runs for a while longer but cuts out again. Rads are only getting slightly warm.

Have to go round tomorrow with my new pump pressure gauge and re set teh pressure. The MIs quote a value of bewteen 7-15 bar. What figure should i work to?? I know Riello MI quote 8 bar.

As for it shutting down what would be causing this?? Water Pump?? Faulty Thermostat?? Everything was working fine until he ran out of oil.

Yours thoughts would gratefully appreciated. Apologies for the essay!!!!

Grill

Sponsored Links
Do you think it might be down to him messing about with the pump pressure??? I will set it up properly and set it to 8 bar.

Will ahve to do a few more checks as well obviously.

Grill

now youve lost me. either i v had to much to drink, wich is a posibilaty ,but when you say pump pressure what are you thinking to pressurise

Sponsored Links
The pressure in the danfoss oil pump. This adjustable and should read about 8 bar. He messed about with the pressure adjustment when he was trying to bleed the burner so this will need to be setup properly again.

grill

Problem solved,

The guy had dislodged the control box when he was messing about with the pump. Fixed it back in place, Set up the pump correctly and away she went.

Thanks again

Grill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back