Material for pinning pond liner down giving overhang

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have built a pond and i'm currently holding the liner down with rocks i found around the garden which show all the liner in it's glory, It's 10ft by 5ft, I want some material that will overhang the pond and hide the liner edges. I have toyed with slate, stone and railway sleepers all seem very expensive from B&Q etc. I don't want to use pavement slabs, I want a natural look. What do people use for theirs? One side of the pond has a slope to it so the overhanging stone etc needs to be pretty big. Also will treated railway slabs leak chemcial into the pond and kill the fish when it rains?

Cheers :D

Sponsored Links
old railway sleepers will leak creosote and are a no no. Contact a stone/landscaping supplier. The stone used on this pond was about £120

SV501048.jpg

people use paving slabs because they do the job and are cheap, how ever there is no rule that says you cant yse broken paving slabs aranged how you like.

I put wooden poles round mine, but then it is square (ish)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back