Max Height of Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A neighbour has just put a new wall at the bottom of her garden which is about 7 feet high, but it also has 3 turrets on it with stone slabs on top which are eighteen inches high, making it 8.5 feet in total

Does this flout planning permission, as I can find any record of planning permission being sought in the local council department?

Thanks

:?:

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
ask your local bco, not us

Sorry, I realise I need to ask the borough council, in fact I was just trying to find out at what height you can build up to without needing planning permission? I have always found the members on this discussion forum very knowledgable

Thanks ;)

6ft6" or 2m without planning permision generaly
but your councill planning is the place to ask ;)

Sponsored Links
These turrets, do they have battlements and arrow slits?

gromit said:
breezer said:
ask your local bco, not us

Sorry, I realise I need to ask the borough council, in fact I was just trying to find out at what height you can build up to without needing planning permission? I have always found the members on this discussion forum very knowledgable

Thanks ;)

dont take it the wrong way by my reply, its just that if some one says x feet and your bco say no its Y feet, who are you going to believe?, hence ask bco, not us.

It may be they do have a "special authority" to have it, we wouldn't know, but your bco will

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back