max height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi whats the max height i can grow conifers at the side of my garden, also the max hight of a hedge at the front of my garden before a neighbore can complain about the height of them to the law i dont wanna grow them and be told to cut them down

Sponsored Links
Bylaws on boudaries can vary from council to council, best to check with them. Putting conifers in especially Leylandii, will nearly always upset neighbours because of the stories in the media, especially if they are close by and you haven't informed them first. It may be worth canvassing their view before you do it, if you can come up with a height that won't upset, them then all well and good.

The neighbours behind us once planted conifers and because they grow at such a rate of knots they were in excess of 10ft in 3 years or so. By that stage they were unmanageable and did cause offence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back