Max length of soil pipe, horizontally

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Other than ensuring that its properly supported and with an adequate fall, is there any restriction on the length of a horizontal run of 110mm soil pipe?

I'll shortly be fitting a second WC downstairs, and the horizontal travel from the pan outlet where it exits the wall to the point at which it joins the existing soil pipe will be about a metre.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
6m is the maximum with adequate fall, but I stand to be corrected...

Sponsored Links
If not ventilated then 6 m max (self syphonage).

But ventilation and access points are not considered, one has to assume it will be installed correctly.

My soil pipe is at least a 100m all be it in the ground it's still horizontal ish.

If not ventilated then 6 m max (self syphonage).

My soil pipe is at least a 100m all be it in the ground it's still horizontal ish.

Yes but it will be ventilated , from pan outlet to vent should be a max of 6 metres. , are you saying the soil pipe runs 100m with no soil vent????? , fook me trap seal must in excess off ........... :LOL:

How many times do you see a ground floor WC straight to drain? , in most instances the trap will partially empty due to no vent (self syphonage) , a classic example. ;)

It has a vent and 3 inspection chambers.

I ran a 4" cast iron soil pipe externally on the wall of a factory, at least a 100ft, that was fun, poured lead joints.

If it has a vent then fine , as said a max of 6 m from pan to ventilated stack.

It has a vent and 3 inspection chambers.

I ran a 4" cast iron soil pipe externally on the wall of a factory, at least a 100ft, that was fun, poured lead joints.

How do you pour lead into a near horizontal pipe joint?

Squirrel/rat tail wrapped around the collar and secured with clamps then pour the molten lead......or simply used lead wool. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back